Blogging and Praying that I never forget these days . . . .

Where we've been

November 11, 2008

As you can tell by my lack of blogging, it has been a crazy week and a half around here. I will try to catch you up quickly.
Halloween was lots of fun. Max did great and loved all the costumes. My niece and nephew were Nala and Pumba from the Lion King (Max was Simba); so the three of them made a really cute group trick or treating together. Halloween night we had friends, culdesac, and family over for hot chili and soups. It was a real hit as we ate and lounged around by the fire pits to keep warm. We ended the evening with all the culdesac kids and crayons. Yea, crayons. Someone brought up the point that if you burn crayons they turn the fire different colors. So, yea at 11pm on Halloween all the culdesac-ers are sitting by the fire with kidos cuddled in our laps cheering Jay on as he burns crayons. We were so excited that he went in and got my large plastic organization box filled with crayons. We did discover that the cheaper the crayon the prettier the colors. For example Crayola crayons don't produce hardly any of any color. Someone made the point that probably only the toxic ones made the colors. Who knows? It was great fun laughing and bonding with all the kidos.
The past week at work was crazy. Somehow or another I got placed in charge of educating my department about a new computer charting upgrade. Well the upgrade went "live" this week. Needless to say, I worked 4 days (I know waaa, but when you are only used to 3, the extra 12 hr day makes a big difference) with lots of "working out the bugs" problems. It was long and thank goodness it is over. All my fellow staff did a great job and picking out the stuff that didn't work and helping me get it fixed (as much as I could).
This weekend Jay and I started a project that we have been planning to do ever since we bought our house . . . a play room. Our bonus room has one of those little short attic spaces that runs down the exterior wall of the house. We have been wanted to finish those walls, carpet, etc so that Max could play in it like a club house. Thursday we went to Lowe's for the first of many trips to get our supplies. Friday, Max and I spent all day in the garage painted the wood for the ceiling. We painted it a deep purple with yellow stars covered in glow in the dark paint. We put the ceiling up on Sunday . . . and Max was really impressed. . . . it glows! (Good, just like planned . . .great!).
Saturday, Jay and Pawpaw (his dad) spent the morning rewiring for a plug in the room and a light with a fixture rather than just a bulb. It works already, and Max knows how to pull the string to turn it off and on (which can drive you nuts while you try to measure or paint). Sunday, Jay and Big Daddy (my dad) spent the morning measuring and cutting the walls for the room. I think these are really neato because they are dry erase from top to bottom. Max loves coloring on the walls . . . . I see a problem . . . this could be a bad habit, couldn't it? I explained to him that these were "special markers and a special wall". So know he asks me if crayons or other markers are "the special ones?" The wall installation is not complete yet . . . it has been a real adventure due to the point that the boards for the walls are 4ft by 8ft and the door to the little room is 3ft. See the adventure? Well, we are still working on that.
That didn't end up too quick, but it catches everyone up on where we are this week. I worked on my computer yesterday to try and speed it up. I have been putting off updating the blog because we slowed our computer tremendously(whose brain is almost full, only 15% left free) when we installed Skype, AIM, camera, etc. to see and talk to the Coopers. But the snail pace was for a very warranted reason . . . but it needed to be fixed. With Big Daddy's help, it is now moving at a . . . um . . . fast turtle pace. I think it is a little better, so I'll try not to skip out on blogging life here on Wembley Court. Hope to hear from you all soon!!! Where are you at!???

No comments:


Go Flames