Blogging and Praying that I never forget these days . . . .

Snipets for the Week

December 23, 2008

I am home today on "low census" from work. Of course with a million things planned to accomplish, Max is down with a stomach virus. A violent virus might I add, hence we had to take a bath and wash the train sheets at 3:45 am today. So as I mother, bake, and think . . . I decided the share a few of my thoughts:

1. I love cooking and baking for any holiday. I just wish my favs were Jay's favs. So, I guess we will continue to take turns as to whose sweet treats it is time to make. Today is "Better than Sex Cake" (one of my new favs). I made it for our Connect Group party a few weeks ago and it caused a stir among the guys. They all enjoyed it, but concluded that it was not "better " . . .

2. I love naps. Jay is napping, Max is napping, and Kix is napping. A few moments to ME!

3. Christmas cards are arriving this time of year. I love them. I love to take time and ponder about those that we don't get to see often. My "longest distance traveled card" arrived today from near the north pole. No not Santa's letter, but Erika's letter. My dearest friend from Liberty Nursing. This special card always brings me to tears as I remember so many of our stressful days together. Merry Christmas baby Kaden! I hope to meet you some day soon!

3. Decisions to wrap or not wrap? Does Santa wrap the gifts he hides in the stockings? As I take a poll it seems he did something different at all my friend's houses growing up. Strange huh? He took that much time to personalize each house. Wow! Well, this year I am thinking he will wrap our stocking gifts because that is what he always did for me and continues to do for my stocking at Mom and Dad's house.

4. Amy Grant's Silent Night. Have you heard this song yet? It is definitely one of my new fav Christmas songs. "I need a silent night . . a holy night . . . to hear a angel voice thru the chaos and the noise. . . . I need a midnight clear . . . a little peace right here . . to end this crazy day with a silent night." It just really speaks to me this year as we get into the busy life of toddler parents at Christmas time. It reminds me of the specialness of this time of the year and what God did to come to earth as a small babe. Every time I hear it I have to turn it up loud and have my own concert in the privacy of my car. For any of you who have attended a Jessica Car Concert you know how we rock!

5. Speaking of rocking. My parents gave Jay and I tickets to Trans Siberian Orchestra this past weekend. Jay got the tickets for his birthday in October, so we have been anxiously awaiting December 21st. IT ROCKED! and that is putting it mildly. The lights, the pyrotechnics, the music . . . WHOA! I have never been to a concert of this volume. Those guys can jam. I have to put it on my list to do again someday. It was really cool. If you don't have a TSO Christmas CD, you need to go get one this year before they are put away for the year. They do all the expected Christmas carols with lots of electricity and boom. Be brave, try it, I don't think you'll regret it.

Wow! All three boys are snoring at the same time . . .harmony.

If I don't type to you again before the big day . . . MERRY CHRISTMAS! Starting tonight we begin to snowball into the holiday for several days worth of family, food, presents, food, fun, moments, food, and more food. Have a great week!

No comments:


Go Flames