Blogging and Praying that I never forget these days . . . .

Mother's Day

May 10, 2009

Yes, Yes, I know this is a late entry blog, but at least I am attempting to catch up. And boy do we have a lot of catching up to do! One of my BFFs, Gindy, found the following poem on one of her fav blog sites. She passed it along to me and I have been anxiously awaiting the moment I could blog it to you. Warning: If you cry while watching Biggest Loser, TLC, last episodes of ER, cards in the middle of Wal-Green's, or over just sweet text messages . . . you will cry over this poem. Get your tissue, it is worth it!

Before I was a Mom,
I never tripped over toys or forgot words to a lullaby.
I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisionous.
I never thought about immunizations.

Before I was a Mom,
I had never been puked on, pooped on, chewed on, or peed on.
I had complete control of my mind and my thoughts.
I slept all night.

Before I was a Mom,
I never held down a screaming child so doctos could do tests or give shots.
I never looked into teary eyes and cried.
I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.
I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.

**Before I was a Mom, (just a few of my own)
I never sang nursery rhymes every time I was in the car.
I never quoted the phrase "shake, shake, shake" everytime we pottied.
(I never called it "go potty")
I never dug up rolly pollys and referred to worms as 'catapillers'
I never repainted a bedroom because it was scary
I never knew how special snuggling could be
I never . . oh I could go on and on, sniff, sniff, but back to the original**

Before I was a Mom,
I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body.
I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby.
I didn't know the bond between a mother and child.
I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important and happy.

Before I was a Mom,
I had never gotten up in the middle of the night every 10 min to make sure all was okay.
I had never known the warmth, the joy, the heartache, the wonderment,
the satisfaction of being a Mom.
I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much,

Before I was a Mom,
I never relaized how much I took my own mother for granted.
I never understood how hard her job really was.
I never knew how much my actions or mistakes broke her heart.

Before I was a Mom,
I never really appreciated the sacrifices she made or knew how exhausted she was from dealing with my "needs".

Now that I am a Mom . . . I know how lucky that I am to be the product of this amazing woman that I call Mama. I am so blessed and pray I can make her proud by raising my own children the way she raised me.

Sniff, Sniff, Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:


Go Flames