Blogging and Praying that I never forget these days . . . .

What's been happenin?

May 28, 2009

Okay, I am here. Whew, the past few weeks have been a whirlwind. I will take you through the highlights.

Weddings: Max & I spent a day in the 'boro with Jon and Josie. Josie and I worked fearlessly on wedding details. She got a lot done in just one week's time. While in the 'boro, Josie and I found her dress and purchased it. It is GORGEOUS! I can't give any more details, other that it is awesome. Luckily, it fit and we took it home that day. We looked for bridesmaid dresses, but she ended up finding and purchasing them later in the week. They are very flattering and better yet they are cocktail dresses that can definitely be worn again. We also went to the wedding/reception site with my parents and discussed details. It is so pretty! Check it out at http://www.carriagelaneinn.com/. They are going the be so happy with their wedding. Josie also booked the DJ and they have a photographer lined up for the day. We finished the invitations and Josie got those addressed and most of them out by the weekend. Now that she is into it, she is moving and grooving!

Holly and JP are also busy with the beginnings of their wedding plans. They have decided a date of May 1st, 2010. They also already have their location booked. The date was totally open with no competition. You wrinkle your eyebrows . . . well, they wished to have it in Mom and Dad's backyard, and their wish was granted. My parents are thrilled to host the wedding. Holly had also found a picture of a fabulous dress. She is going to order it in the next few months. I can't wait to see it on her. I know it will be beautiful.

Family: On Memorial Day Saturday my parents had their 8th Annual BBQ. Dad cooked pork shoulders/butts and chicken breasts on the pit from Friday early morning until Sunday early morning. He had enough food for an army. Lots of friends and members of both my parents families came to town for the occasion. I think this year my Mom's side of the family finally out numbered my Dad's. We got to see lots of variations of aunts, uncles, cousins, and I don't know whats. This year we had a handful of first timers, which is great! I think we counted about 78 people in attendance. It was lots of fun. Max enjoyed the day at the creek. When Scott got there, they went hunting for creatures in the creek. They found and caught crawdads and a tadpole.

On Memorial Day Sunday Jay's parents had a Crawfish Boil. They topped out at aprox 150 guests enjoying 200 lbs of crawfish and 100 lbs of brisket. Yumm. It was good eating too. Jay and I got the privilege of slicing the brisket before it was served. So we got to 'taste test' lots of tasty slices. We got to visit with numerous old friends from the years. Everyone also got to enjoy the new pool. They kid-os swam and played with water guns and then the adults played water volleyball.
Max is still enjoying swimming class on Monday nights. He is really starting to be bold and leap from the steps on his own skill. He understands how to do 'big reachers' using his arms to get to his teacher. He is funny to listen to in the bathtub. All of his Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are now taking swimming lessons. He instructs them all to jump, kick, and reach for the wall.

We have also had some pretty awesome news over the Memorial Day Holiday. We finally got a positive test result!! Yea!! We are pleased to announce that a new Kelley Baby is due to arrive January 31, 2010. Whoa. Seems really far away, but we are so thrilled. We have prayed and wished so hard for the miracle to take place, and now the day is here. We have a long road to go, but I am confident we will get there. (Remind me of that in November). Max is as excited as his little mind can be at this point. He told me that a baby and turtle were in a shell in my belly and the turtle was going to eat it's way out of the shell. Yea. Sounds great, huh? He knows that God gave us the baby that is little bitty (like a freckle as BeBe put it) in my belly. He had been told that my belly will grow big like a ball. Then we will go to the hospital and bring it home with us. Max will recite all of that, how much he comprehends, who knows. BeBe has already taken pictures for us. The little black blob doesn't even register on the size chart of her machine. We think it measured 3mm. No matter how small though, it is our little one and we are so ready to love it and find its niche in our family.
We had lots of fun telling everyone. We told some that we got something over the weekend. When they asked what, we answered with "A positive!" We sent a mass text message with a picture of the positive test. Max and I visited my Mom at work and asked what she though about possibly sharing her January birthday. At work, I am going to place the tiny ultrasound picture on my locker with Max's pictures and see how it takes people to comment. Its been a real adventure getting people told in due time. We had fun with Jay's parents because they have a flower pot tower similar to mine on their back porch. A few years ago, Mrs. Kelley and I painted each pot differently and placed each grandkid's name and number on it. Like Max is #5 and his is the top pot on the stand of 5. So after I went to the doctor on Wednesday I went and bought a smaller pot. I painted it and placed a big white 6 on it. That evening we went to visit and handed them the pot. After a few moments of pondering and glances from Jay and I at the stand of 5 . . . it clicked and they got very excited. It was an awesome moment. Now the 6th pot has been added to the stand.A precious memory Max had already given us happened last night. Max and I were snuggling on the couch before bedtime as we always do with him on my shoulder. He sat up real quick with a perplexed "Uh-oh! Mommy! Where's the Baby?" I stated, "In my belly, Max, like we talked about." He leaped off the couch onto the floor and said, "Oh, Mommy, I can't snuggle with you, I'll squish the Baby!" As tears flooded my eyes, I tried to explain that God placed the Baby way down in my belly safe and sound and that he couldn't hurt the Baby. He wouldn't listen. He just kept repeating, "Mommy, I don't want to hurt the Baby, I won't snuggle, I don't want to squish it!" I couldn't convince him and he spent the rest of the evening at the opposite end of the couch. It broke my heart. I guess the first of many, but he's my little guy, and we are "best snuggling friends." I know he will come around, but. . . .

2 comments:

Laura B. said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys! And how cool is it that your Mom can give you an ultrasound whenever you want!!

jonerikagrant said...

YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! I am so excited for all of you. Another baby will be such a blessing! Can't wait to hear more. CONGRATULATIONS!! (p.s. once I hit the 3 mo mark, FB all the way)


Go Flames