Blogging and Praying that I never forget these days . . . .

Valentine's Day

February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Today started off as all our Saturdays do right now . . . swimming lessons day 6. Max did a good job today, but I had difficulty following directions with the new skill. We reviewed floating on our backs, kicking, swimming underwater to the wall while coming up for 3 breaths, climbing out of the pool like Spiderman (elbow, elbow, tummy, knee, knee), and using our "reachers" to stretch our arms to swim. Then came the new skill. Max (being the oldest in his class) got to the the teacher's helper as the demo. The teacher sat him on the edge of the pool with his feet dangling in the water. He talked to the class for a few comments until Max was not paying attention and BAM . . . . he pushed Max in when he wasn't looking. Max of course went under and then came up bobbing. He then turned and grabbed the wall. Instinct? I don't know, but that was the purpose . . . . to teach them if they fall in to automatically reach for the wall and climb out. Max then cried. We were suppose to then go and 'practice' ruining our kidos trust. I couldn't do it. I did make Max plop in and turn to the wall without grabbing me, but I didn't blindside him by shoving him in. Couldn't do it. From the other side of the pool, Jay was going "You just suppose to push him, not hold his hand!" Sorry Daddy, couldn't do it. He learned to turn to the wall for dependence and not to me, but I didn't shove him in. Also, being Mom of the Year, I took a camera without a memory card on Saturday. When I figure out how to get pictures off the internal memory . . . I will post them . . . until then just use your imagination. . . . Splash! WAAA!

After swimming lessons we did a variety of things. We went so the guys could get haircuts. Now they both look cool again with their spikes. Then we went to Chick Fil A for lunch and to play on the jungle gym. Finally we went home for naps. I love nap time! After naps we headed to Franklin to drop off our consignment clothes for next weekend's sale. While in Franklin we visited a local salt water fish store. Max was thrilled to see all the Nemo characters. Then it was time for dinner as we began to head home. We plugged up the GPS to see what all the area offered. The first place that popped up was . . . . . . Chucky Cheese . . . . less than 0.4 miles away. Max had never been, so we decided it was time to expose him to the excitement. When we pulled in the PACKED parking lot, Max saw the mouse face from the commercials and his face beamed. We told him we were going in there to eat and he remarked, "Me all growed up now, me going to Chucky Cheese." Ya see, we had been telling him that he was still to little and had to grow more to go. Well, now he is "all growed up" "I big". We had tons of fun eating pizza and watching the 'show.' Then Chucky came around and Max got the scratch his ears and shake his hand. We finished the trip with lots of games and rides. Max only got upset once and that was in the play house. He is still afraid of "dark slides" (that would be the tunnel ones) and that was the only way down from the top. A very nice little boy sat Max down with him and brought him down the slide. We were thrilled because we were trying to decide how we were going to get our wailing child out of the play house. I have some pictures from the sketching games that I will post when I scan them. It was a great day of family fun with my favorite big and little valentines. I couldn't have asked for anything more!

No comments:

Go Flames