Blogging and Praying that I never forget these days . . . .

Cookie Party

December 23, 2014

Tonight we had our ?yr Annual Cookie Party.  This night is one of the highlights of my Christmas season.  I get to spend an evening with some of my life's VIP kids.  I get to get messy, sugary, creative, and get to eat warm sugar cookies all at once.  The kids all look forward to it for the mess, the sweet treats, and the time together.  Every year it turns out the same perfect way . . . . Everyone arrives and we begin rolling out the dough and getting our fingers in it.  Then we press out Christmas related shapes and attempt to bake them.  Following the baking and burning we let all the kids gather around the table to decorate them with icing and sprinkles.  It doesn't take long for the kids to lose interest at steps along the way.  They scamper off to play all over my house.  We try multiple times to redirect them back to cookie making and each time after a few minutes they are back playing with their friends.  Finally, we give up and enjoy decorating the perfect cookie with just us Moms.  It may not be "Pinterest Perfect", but it is perfect for my crazy wonderful life.  Thanks again, gals and kids for making my heart swell with fun tonight!  Love you bunches.  
















No comments:


Go Flames