Blogging and Praying that I never forget these days . . . .

Our Kix

May 15, 2010

Posted by Picasa On May 5th our Kix Kelley turned 11 years old. I cannot believe he is that old. Until the past year, you would never guess that age. He still loves the play ball for hours. As soon as anyone sits down in my house Kix is begging to play. He repeatedly brings you his ball until finally you give in and play. Then you are hooked and he wants to play all day. Over the past probably 2 years he has had a significant decline in his eyesight. As you can see from the picture I took today his eyes are mostly green and cloudy. This is from the formation of cataracts due to age. He still gets around fine, but if you move furniture or leave toys out he will run smack into them. He trusts his memory to find his way around. Over the past month, Kix has started to have nose bleeds and a gurgle in his nose. Jay took him to the vet last week, and due to this age, Jay got little info. There was a course of testing and scans we could do, but the vet reminded us that Kix is 11. He advised us to use some antibiotic drops in his nose and try to heal his aliments. I have my own theories of his nasal issues, but I pray the drops help him. I don't like listening to him clear his throat and sneeze due to the tickle. We have had a long time with Kix, and I pray it doesn't come to an end soon, but I don't want him to suffer. We love him and will continue babying him during this season of his life. He doesn't seem to be in pain, only annoyed by his symptoms. Like I said earlier he still plays as long as you will throw the ball, runs in cul de sac with his buddies, and jumps all over you when you get home. He is still our Kix, he is just now our old Kix. It sounds crazy, but please pray for him and us as we transition into the future.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Poor Kix. Of course I will say a prayer for him. It is heartbreaking to watch them age.

Mom of Jack said...

Send my love to Kicker. He's like one of the gang.....


Go Flames