Blogging and Praying that I never forget these days . . . .

Jay's Rugged Maniac

August 25, 2012
 
Disclaimer: This is a very late entry into the blog due to the big heart surgery. I felt it was more important to update everyone on our current issue and prayer requests regarding my heart. This blog and a few others got left out in the chaos. Now they are here, better late than never!
 
Jay and I were scheduled to run in the Rugged Maniac the end of August.  I found out earlier that week about my congenital heart defect and it prohibited me from participating.  Since we had already planned the weekend at a Bed and Breakfast in Indiana we decided to make the trip.  I had found out all my tragic news in in the week before the race and we needed a weekend away together.  We drove up and enjoyed the tiny town of Paoli, IN.  Jay did great in the race, but it was very difficult.  He literally ran up and down the grassy ski slopes with obstacles at the top and bottom.  He was whipped when he got done.  We stayed around and listened to the bands and then headed back to the Bed and Breakfast.  Once there we took a much needed nap.  I tried to sleep off some stress and Jay rested from the race.  In the evening we went into town to enjoy dinner and walking around.  It was a great weekend to get away before having to come back to the reality of open heart surgery. 
\






No comments:


Go Flames