Blogging and Praying that I never forget these days . . . .

Ski Day 2: Alpine Meadows

March 7, 2011

Wowzers, am I tired!  Today we skied Alpine Meadows on the North Shore of Lake Tahoe.  It was a total body work out today.  We got a late start out to the slopes due to the snow that accumulated last night.  We got another foot or so of snow at the house and required snow chains to get out. Putting the chains on the van slowed us down leaving and traveling to the mountain.  We arrived too late (hahaha the Parsons were late?) for Max to go the Ski School so he got to ski with us all day.  Whew!  Alpine Meadows is a great place to ski, but it is NOT for beginners.  Max had to be "baptized by fire" today.  We put his Ski Bum backpack with a handle and harness on him, purchased him a device for his ski tips that helps with wedging (slowing), and we went to it.  He did fantastic!  We were all totally worn out by the end of the day.  It is a full body workout to steer him with the harness and make sure he doesn't get carried away.  My legs are always sore from skiing, but tonight I hurt from the top of my head to the tips of my toes.  You see, for those of you who don't know my Jay, he refused to stand in line before he left heaven for the gift of patience.  He has never had patience and after almost 10 yrs of married life together I have learned to live around his absence of the great gift.  Max on the other hand has not.  Jay and Max don't get along too well when it comes to missions like today.  So, that is why I am so worn out.  Max wanted me all day!  That's okay, we had a good day and he advanced a lot today.  Let me clarify, Jay did  help tremendously today, he just sometimes had to ski on when he had enough.  He always stepped in when I couldn't move to lift and pull him anymore. So I think he is pretty worn out too.   I am tired, did I say that already?  oh, and sore! Max is so tired from keeping up with the gang that he says he is resting at the house with Bebe tomorrow.  :-) Anyways, we will just wait and see how that really pans out in the morning.  We had lots of snow and wind all over the mountain while we were there.  I literally could see the powder piling up on the trails as the day wore on.  So cool!  I just love the powder stuff!  It makes it a little more difficult to ski, but it is so pretty and fluffy.  Well, my family is in bed so I guess I need to head there too.  I am positive I am going to have to snuggle a little four year old out of my spot!  Big smiles!!
On the lift to the TOP!
Chance & Amanda
Ryan, taking a quick break
Jess and Max
Our Skier
We stopped on the side of the road on the way home today for a great photo opportunity.  The lake and mountains were so pretty today and the sun was starting to set....just a perfect way to end a tremendous day.
My ski buddy, My Daddy

1 comment:

Gindy said...

LOVE all the pictures! Miss yall!


Go Flames